My Pet Hate- tailgating!

Yet the debate moved on from that to drivers traveling in excess of 20mph below the limit. In fact all of your responses on this thread have been related to this development. Do try to keep up.

jb

Irrelevant... Try the other thread, it's perfect for your needs.

How often do you drive through Oughtibridge and Stocksbridge? I do, often, and get stuck behind these 'drivers' often too. Jawbone Hill has to be the worst road I drive on for finding them.

I often drive jawbone hill and the one way system in Outibridge. I don't ever recall a problem. I was specifically talking about <30 in a 60 limit. I stick by it being a very rare occurrence.

Perception not impatience. Although how anyone cannot notice if they are behind someone doing 30-40mph in a 60mph limit in conditions which do not warrant such a slow speed is beyond me.

jb

It was 20 to 30 in the original claim. It'll probably be 40 to 50 in about 10 posts' time.

Came across one of Sheffield's "safe" motorists 9 o'clock-ish last night, driving on Ecclesfield Road from The Common towards Fife Street. Car in front doing 30 in a 40 limit, meandering repeatedly from the middle of the lane to the centreline and back again for no apparent reason. Irritating but not too bad. UNTIL he then continued to dawdle along at 30, (occasionally dropping to just over 25!!), when the limit changed to 60 through Woolley Wood Bottom. Now that's bad driving, as the 3 cars behind me would doubtless agree as we got to a bit where we could all overtake the male pensioner (easily 70+) driver who was hanging onto the steering wheel like grim death peering myopically at the road ahead. There comes a point in your life when you need to realise you aren't up to driving any more and need to take yourself off the road before you cause an accident.

Came across one of Sheffield's "safe" motorists 9 o'clock-ish last night, driving on Ecclesfield Road from The Common towards Fife Street. Car in front doing 30 in a 40 limit, meandering repeatedly from the middle of the lane to the centreline and back again for no apparent reason. Irritating but not too bad. UNTIL he then continued to dawdle along at 30, (occasionally dropping to just over 25!!), when the limit changed to 60 through Woolley Wood Bottom. Now that's bad driving, as the 3 cars behind me would doubtless agree as we got to a bit where we could all overtake the male pensioner (easily 70+) driver who was hanging onto the steering wheel like grim death peering myopically at the road ahead. There comes a point in your life when you need to realise you aren't up to driving any more and need to take yourself off the road before you cause an accident.

These drivers are NOT rare, I come across them all the time; 25-30 in a 40 zone, even when there's hardly any other traffic. Pig ignorant. Either can't read road signs or are just quite happy to hold up other road users who actually have somewhere to be. I see it all too often; lines of unnecessary traffic created by one selfish idiot.

Archived