I thought police were supposed to break up gangs?

I had a few things to do around Manor Top the other day.

While walking past the ginnel between Tesco's and the chemist i noticed about 8 adults, all drinking strong lager. About 20 minutes later i walked past again. This time i could clearly smell drugs.

At the same time there were two police officers walking past and they didn't even look at the group of adults. They just walked on as though the group never existed.

Aren't the police supposed to break up groups loitering our streets?

I 've heard that the police are always breaking up dangerous gangs. I bet if you had, say, 10 pensioners in a pub and one of them lit up a cigarette, there 'd be a SWAT team there within minutes. Nothing wrong with young lads gathering round street corners, discussing world events and literature........but, you imagine, someone under the age of 21, actually seeing a smoker !! It could ruin their little lives, psychologically. Our little mites must be protected.

Our Old Bill have their priorities right-----stamp out OAP hooliganism NOW.

" Waddawe want..............? ".................etc

While walking past the ginnel between Tesco's and the chemist i noticed about 8 adults, all drinking strong lager. About 20 minutes later i walked past again. This time i could clearly smell drugs.

At the same time there were two police officers walking past and they didn't even look at the group of adults. They just walked on as though the group never existed.

What was the strong lager? Stella Artois?

Hmm, not sure that this little story is true.:suspect:;)

What was the strong lager? Stella Artois?

It was actually Crest Super strength. Very distinctive cans.

Hmm, not sure that this little story is true.:suspect:;)

It is a good job i don't care what you think then isn't it ;)

Not unless the Freedom of Assembly and Association law has been repealed recently.

Does that mean the police are not in fact supposed to break up any crowds loitering the streets? I seem to have seen it on several police programs but i am no expert in such things.

Archived