Looking for an RPG group

Zenmaster

You have Wilf. Of course, whenever you are in town you are more than welcome to game with us. We are trying to recruit a couple more vampire players to get the chronicle James was running back on track. You know who disappointed us yet again, and it was at a crucial time in the game. If we can get a few mature, reliable gamers, we should have another cracking chronicle.

zenmaster, would you and your friend be interested in a Vampire the Masquerade game and possible a DnD (3rd edition) game in the near future? Teafan, while we have no specific plans for a CoC game, we could be persuaded to start one up in the future too.

I play in a group on Wednesday night, but it's been long established and we're a little used to our own company (not in a dodgy way) so it is a bit cliquey.

BUT...due to attrition and general life getting in the way we're down to 4 players and a ref (ether me or one other).

We don't want fanboys, we don't play Vampire and we don't have every DnD book ever (or any to be exact). We have so far played RQ, Cthulhu, Champions and Magic the gathering (of which a roleplaying variant was under construction).

We often hack rules around for games to change the game experience (A stat-less superhero game - rules for anyone who wants a look, a d10 variant of Cthulhu and a rehash of the RQ rules to include legendary swordplay) so we dont want anyone who's not flexible to new ideas.

Games run for short or long stretches (varies) and we could do with suitable players to let us play if one or two people can't make the wednesday!

If you think you're normal enough (and don't think we sound wierd...so a happy middle ground then) respond and we'll chat.

I've a Cthulhu up and coming that should ignore large portions of game rules and twist mythos on its head and it would be nice to find some solid guys (or girls if we're lucky) to fit into a very established group.

Anyway, thanks for reading even though this sounds like "single white male seeks partners for roleplaying adventures!!!!"

CHRIS

Story of my life. Is it universal to have...

1 Infinite trouble finding enough players to play your game

2 Even more trouble bullying people into turning up regularly

3 To kill those players who know every rule, page number and paragraph.."don't annoy me, go be a lawyer or something!"

Any other 'standard rules' of engagement?

CHRIS

Archived