Looking for an RPG group

Zenmaster

kevanos, well, in the sense that DnD and VtM are both excellent role playing games, use dice and necessitate a certain level of acting ability they are similar. DnD involves a certain level of cooperation across a wide spectrum of different class-ability combinations whereas Vampire (while not necessarily discouraging same) is a game of more personalized horror in which the newly created Vampire must somehow come to terms with his new 'life'.

This is why being an inexperienced gamer makes Vampire an interesting game - you can more easily picture yourself in the situation and role-play your character's night by night reactions to new experiences. We play a more political based game (rather than combat based) so you would need to consider how you would support not only your new found habits (drinking of blood, superior attitudes, disregard for the humans) but also building up a base of power and support for the centuries to come. I would say that Vampire, more often than not, deals with adult themes.

If you wish to take this conversation further, let's go PM so as not to bother the others.

I hate 'resurrecting' thread like this, but i've only just seen this one. I've looked for RPG groups in the past. I used to play a lot of D&D (2nd edition) but sadly everyone i played with got jobs in different cities etc. So any info would be gratefully received!

Reading through the thread so far it seems that there is quite a bit of interest!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm currently looking for new D&D group. I have been running a nice steady Eberron game but this has almost come to a stop.

I am looking to start something afresh.

PM if interested.

• 3 months later...

thanks historian, tried using pm but have to have 10 posts before i can use it for some reason, so will have to reply with this post. thought i had got a group nearly started with big gav and stu but unfortunately it just didn't pan out, so i am still searching and thought i would leave you a post to see if you had started a d&d group.

Archived