Looking for an RPG group

Zenmaster

kevanos, I can confirm that my current group will be starting up a DnD campaign at some point in the future. As we've discussed previously, our group is still deeply involved in a V:tM chronicle and will be for the foreseeable future. We can always use another player for that, of course, and the previous invitation to join is still open. Look forward to hearing from you either way. Regards.

Tam, good to hear from you again. I do believe you mentioned something about your pending marriage last time we ran into each other in town. Congradulations again. School will be starting up again soon, but I can always clear away an hour or two for you. Coffee? Send me a PM and we'll arrange time and place. FYI, James is back in town as well. Regards.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If you are interested in meeting some local gamers there is a RPG convention next weekend that might interest you. You might even find some like-minded players or gaming groups.

Furnace is a tabletop roleplaying game convention in Sheffield UK, taking place on the weekend of 28/29th October 2006 at The Garrison Hotel. There simply aren't enough 'northern' gaming conventions out there, so I thought it best to create one! There will be space for 50 delegates and you are most welcome to join us for a convivial weekend of roleplay gaming amongst the seven hills of Sheffield. Set in a former army jail house, 4 of the gaming tables are set in the cells of miscreants and scallywags. Where better to game! :-)

Information will become available over the coming weeks on our website as we gear up for a fun weekend of roleplaying games. Please use this forum to chat about the convention; the games you want to bring and play and anything else that strikes you. Graham, Newt, Darran and Guvnor are bringing this new event to you and we are happy to help with any of your questions.

Look forward to meeting you at Furnace 2006!

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, late again.

Myself and my other half also wish to join/start an RPG group. We'd be up for any system, but have played DnD, Warhammer Fantasy, the new LOTR roleplaying game (heavily adapted), cyberpunk, shadowrun... He has played a few more as well, such as Paranoia and GURPS.

If there is no such group for us to join, or the ones with places have a problem with g.i.r.l.s (I'm not casting aspersions here, sorry, but I was turned down by a Leeds group for this reason when I lived there!), then is anyone up for making a group with us? My other half will run it.

Might be good for newbies (18+ though) who want to join a non-scary group. In fact, in my experience, the less the players know the rules the better *lol*:D

TheMoog & Kevanos

(After trying unsuccessfully to get a group going nearer home.)

I am very keen to join a new group to play D&D - to the extent I'll drive a good hour to get there - I've a 1st/2nd edition campaign (successful with 4 players previously) I'd like to run or play any other system, (I could also probably get 1 other to play as well)

PM me if you're interested - apparently I can't PM yet (from reading the above) until I've posted 10 times.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would send this one out to the group rather than through PMs with the select few and see what happens. Our small rpg group (based largely in Sheffield) is still playing V:tM and is about to start a (fairly long-termed) V:DA game. But, one week in three we will be playing DnD (3rd or 3.5 edition or mixture thereof) as one of the guys can't now make that one session and is not bothered about DnD anyway. In any case, this means that we have need for one or two new players (experience preferred but not necessary). If there is anyone interested in what will be, in essence, a monthly game, please reply with a PM and any questions will (in theory) be answered.

Regards

Archived