Do you talk to animals and birds?

Do you talk to the animals?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you talk to the animals?

• Yes, I always say hello to my animal neighbours
    • No, don't be so daft, what's the point they don't understand me?
    • Yes, I always talk to them......and sometimes they talk back
    • No, it's a sign of madness, you are a loon.

Whenever I see next door's cats on our drive I talk to them, say "Hello Puss Puss" etc

My GF caught me cooing at a pigeon the other day that was stood on our balcony railing and I always say hello to magpies and blackbirds when I pass them in the street.

Is it just me? Am I some sort of loon or does everyone else pass the time of day with our animal neighbours.

Here is a poll. For a bit of fun. It's not about Muslims or chavs :D

I talk to dogs and cats. Quite apart from anything else, lots of experience has shown that it makes you far less likely to surprise an animal and therefore put them out of their comfort zone if you're talking to them in a gentle voice as you approach. It gives them lots of opportunity to focus on where you are and choose whether they want to interact with you as you approach.

Of course. I always stop to talk to/stroke/pick up/kiss the furry little heads of the neighbourhood cats, and wave at them if they're sat in their front windows. Dogs, not so much (though I do say hello to them, unless they're with their owners and I don't know the owners; that's just too mad, even for me).

Pigeons, squirrels and whatnot get a friendly greeting too, if they venture close enough.

Archived