Do you talk to animals and birds?

Do you talk to the animals?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you talk to the animals?

• Yes, I always say hello to my animal neighbours
    • No, don't be so daft, what's the point they don't understand me?
    • Yes, I always talk to them......and sometimes they talk back
    • No, it's a sign of madness, you are a loon.

I talk to dogs and cats. Quite apart from anything else, lots of experience has shown that it makes you far less likely to surprise an animal and therefore put them out of their comfort zone if you're talking to them in a gentle voice as you approach. It gives them lots of opportunity to focus on where you are and choose whether they want to interact with you as you approach.

This is good advice, cats are such scaredy wus's... But very sweet characters!

@Hecate, I greet more pets than owners, there more polite too nowadays!

TBH though, I do tease spiders a little, but no, I don't kill them!

Sounds a bit silly, but yes I always talk to animals & birds, it’s sort of relaxing, I have a dog and I swear she’s thinks she’s human, has some of the characteristics of the family, you could be having a downer of a day, she seems to know, she’ll sit with her head on you listening to every word, then run off & fetch you her favourite toy, or do something to cheer you up, she’s quite a character & I wouldn’t be without her.:love:

Whenever I see next door's cats on our drive I talk to them, say "Hello Puss Puss" etc

My GF caught me cooing at a pigeon the other day that was stood on our balcony railing and I always say hello to magpies and blackbirds when I pass them in the street.

Is it just me? Am I some sort of loon or does everyone else pass the time of day with our animal neighbours.

Here is a poll. For a bit of fun. It's not about Muslims or chavs :D

I talk to people on here... does that count? :)

I'm a veritable Dr Doolittle when it comes to speaking to the animals. I find most of them don't speak English very well, so I speak to them in their own tongue.

My command of Cowese and Sheepish is second to none! When out for walks in Derbyshire, my G/F says she feels very embarrassed when I do this as hikers stop and stare at me. I put this down to jealousy, obviously.

I had a conversation with a flock of sheep at Chatsworth last weekend and G/F was most surprised that the whole lot of them started following us for about twenty minutes until I politely asked them to go away and leave us alone (in their mother tongue).

Other languages I speak fluently are;

Dogese

Cattish

Birdese

Fishish

Horsese

Dolphinian

I have a general understanding of Waspese but tend to steer clear of them as to be honest, they're quite rude (as a race)

I'm a veritable Dr Doolittle when it comes to speaking to the animals. I find most of them don't speak English very well, so I speak to them in their own tongue.

My command of Cowese and Sheepish is second to none! When out for walks in Derbyshire, my G/F says she feels very embarrassed when I do this as hikers stop and stare at me. I put this down to jealousy, obviously.

I had a conversation with a flock of sheep at Chatsworth last weekend and G/F was most surprised that the whole lot of them started following us for about twenty minutes until I politely asked them to go away and leave us alone (in their mother tongue).

Other languages I speak fluently are;

Dogese

Cattish

Birdese

Fishish

Horsese

Dolphinian

I have a general understanding of Waspese but tend to steer clear of them as to be honest, they're quite rude (as a race)

now, isn't that being a bit "waspist"?

Why would anyone think that it strange to do so?

I talk to animals all the time,you get more sense out of them than most people.

I also talk to my garden plants .

My neighbours think I am bonkers!!!

Archived