If I give £10 to cancer relief

charities are required to give details of their spending to the charities commission. Most charities I've been involved with try to make sure as much money as possible gets through to beneficiaries. However they do have to have buildings from which to operate, pay utility bills, pay staff, accountant fees, insurances etc

Here you go.....

http://aboutus.cancerresearchuk.org/frequently-asked-questions/our-finances/#How

Roughly about 80p in every pound so £8.00 out of your tenner goes to the good stuff.

Ignore the horse crap from the poster above.

Spent on 'research'? ... 67%

£324,664 from a total of £482,527 for year ending March 2011.

Other charitable activities include lobbying for change, education etc.

Surely it should be the Government's responsibility to fund research pertaining to our health ?

It should be but it doesn't happen.

Your money would be better spent on helping to relieve the distress of cancer sufferers and their loved ones by donating to the Macmillan Nurses.

Cancer Research is a very wealthy charity - there are others out there just as worthy.

Surely it should be the Government's responsibility to fund research pertaining to our health ?

It should be, but alas, we are skint.

I've had the pleasure of working in a hospice recently, which is a very important facility.

It relies heavily on charity and volunteers and could not function without them.

Not right, but just the way it is. :mad:

Archived