My First Car Renovation!

old tup

In a previous post I told of the time I had a bust up with Pops over the car He,d bought.I refused to drive it any more because of his treatment of me,anyhow I had cut my nose off to spite my face,I was back on shanks pony no good at all!.I ended up purchasing a 1934 Morris 8 from Manfredis ice cream on City Rd for 50quid,it was in a bit of a state but I got stuck in to it right away.First of all it had running boards onto front mud guards at the front both rotted through which I plated and filled with cataloy,it had wire wheels which I sandpapered and painted,next I brassoed all the paintwork and polished it,I replaced the speedo and stoplights obtained from Coopers scrapyard.I spent hours and hours on it till I was satisfied ,everywhere I went in it a crowd always ended up round it as it was 30 yrs old by then,I had it 2 yrs and sold it for150quid the only car I never lost on!:D:D:D:thumbsup:

I did have i,ve not seen em for yonks.Go on line there is a renovation of a two tone black and green one just the same,mine was black and maroon.It was all over the road at 50mph it used to conk out regular due to water in the carb due to the fuel tank being 30yrs old it had condensation.I screwed the top of the carb,wiped it dry with a rag I carried at all times,put it back together and off we went,the joys of vintage cars!

In a previous post I told of the time I had a bust up with Pops over the car He,d bought.I refused to drive it any more because of his treatment of me,anyhow I had cut my nose off to spite my face,I was back on shanks pony no good at all!.I ended up purchasing a 1934 Morris 8 from Manfredis ice cream on City Rd for 50quid,it was in a bit of a state but I got stuck in to it right away.First of all it had running boards onto front mud guards at the front both rotted through which I plated and filled with cataloy,it had wire wheels which I sandpapered and painted,next I brassoed all the paintwork and polished it,I replaced the speedo and stoplights obtained from Coopers scrapyard.I spent hours and hours on it till I was satisfied ,everywhere I went in it a crowd always ended up round it as it was 30 yrs old by then,I had it 2 yrs and sold it for150quid the only car I never lost on!:D:D:D:thumbsup:

My dad (he'll be 87 this year) remembers Old Man Cooper.

Archived