Fight or flight: which are you?

Yes but it would be nice to think human animals had evolved to a stage where they could be a bit more subttle!

BTW, when I say degrade them I don't mean in a confrontational way, but more challenge their beliefs about their own superiority, make them question themselves. Get their id to rebel against the ego. e.g. you may win, but do you really want a black eye for two weeks?

Hes the coward needing backup and a weapon

Not so thats a mugs game ,I will avoid a fight by any means if possible but if I am attacked I will retaliate and I am going to walk away and the other person is not going to get up,for a while anyway and if that entails hitting him with something to keep him down so be it ,only a mug walks away after a fight and risks being jumped.There is no such thing as a fair streetfight and dont let anyone tell you different.I would expect no different if I happened to lose.

p.s Im not a thug by any means and never have been I havent hit anyone in anger for a good few years now and I can count all the serious rucks I have had on one hand.I abhor violence but if needs must I refuse to lose

I believe that if you can resolve the matter through talking then you should, but in some cases that aint going to work thats when you gotta fight, and i think its best to take first punch, then attack till he gives up. (if you cant take a punch i suggest you dont wait for him too punch u) :D

"Billy don't be a hero!" kind of sums up my feelings. :hihi:

If the person you're facing is completely unreasonable then I'd probably try to get the first punch in rather than be taken off guard; unless they have a knife or something. I'd only ever jump blindly into a dangerous situation if one of my loved ones was in trouble, in which case I wouldn't care what weapons the other side has, I'd instantly jump straight in and go mental. :hihi:

When confronted with a scenario of being in a fist fight, for whatever reason, would you;-

• Fight every time, no matter what, throwing the first punch?
  • Fight every time, no matter what, but NOT throwing the first punch?
  • Stand firm but only defend youself and loved ones etc?
  • Try to walk/run away each time?

And are men seen as cowards for not fighting? Is it 'best' to stand firm, but only await the first blow, or walk away and 'look weak'?

After all, animals have no ego and will simply fight, cower or run?

It's not big or cleaver but whenever I've been in this situation I have:

Fight every time, no matter what, throwing the first punch

When confronted with a scenario of being in a fist fight, for whatever reason, would you;-

And are men seen as cowards for not fighting? Is it 'best' to stand firm, but only await the first blow, or walk away and 'look weak'?

Fight every time, no matter what, throwing the first punch.

It varies though I seem to have a tendency to fight when running or atleast not fighting would be much smarter, the last time I was in a real physical confrontation was when I chased down 2 guys who stole my hat, which was a really stupid thing to do.

Archived