Fight or flight: which are you?

Back down if at all possible. Fighting's never a good idea, although it can sometimes be the least bad option available.

If you're forced into a situation where all other options are removed, then as Glamrocker says - you fight to kill. Or, at least, to incapacitate. None of this pussyfooting around.

The last guy I ended up being forced into a fight with, had his head smashed against a wall and dropped dead. Which, given that he was holding a knife and threatening to kill someone with it at the time,I've never felt a shred of guilt for.

Being a trained killer this is a real dilemma for me. :P

If i strike first due to feeling threatened i could well find myself in the brown sticky stuff, as in court i'll have the "trained fighter" book thrown at me by the defence, if i wait till they throw the first punch it could well kill me and leave my children without a father.

You have to weight up the situation on the spot and hope you make the right decision.

I'll admit i've walked away from a situation where i know i could have taken the chav out with little fuss, thus being labelled a coward, but i was taught violence is always the last option, and rightly so.

I believe strength should be used for good, I've had fights with girls at school, and fights with boys in the park - in my teens, I've talked a girl once out of a fight, in public as I didn't want to fight in front of boys, my sister asked me to go and fight for her and I refused as it would have been in front of boys and I'd grown up by then.

I would not want any guy to put himself physically on the line for me either.

I spent 14 months backing down in the end they left me with no choice .One punch and they fell like a sack of potatoes they did take the first swing at me well three actually and they missed every time .They never came back for more they left me alone after that.I tried the police route but they did nothing so in order to protect my child I eventually snapped ..........I will walk away but hurt my child and I will react

Archived