Motormyles m/bikes&cars shalesmoor

anyone remember the pitch and later showroom,side of the ship inn

Yes I sure do...built in 1966 by Clenal builders...Upstairs was Thorpes betting office..The old car pitch started with Motorbikes...The cars later...first Office was an old caravan no wheels...Then a concrete garage with old smokey iron flue stove. The showroom came later in 1966...The Ship inn with old Mr Stewart and Sons...Spent many an hour there...

The showroom was later let to Graham Castleton..GC motors..and then to a car radio firm,,,, but that is all a long time ago... Motormyles no longer...Dont know who or what is there now??? Any ideas dontbugme??

Yes I sure do...built in 1966 by Clenal builders...Upstairs was Thorpes betting office..The old car pitch started with Motorbikes...The cars later...first Office was an old caravan no wheels...Then a concrete garage with old smokey iron flue stove. The showroom came later in 1966...The Ship inn with old Mr Stewart and Sons...Spent many an hour there...

The showroom was later let to Graham Castleton..GC motors..and then to a car radio firm,,,, but that is all a long time ago... Motormyles no longer...Dont know who or what is there now??? Any ideas dontbugme??

You must know Tony Marsh?????

Hi,Pete,int it funny how we both have connections,Clenal building co was owned by Cliff Jones,Alan mason and Len Hawnt they also built the bowling ally at Frechville and my garage and the office block at Waldot Service stn,The bookies where your pitch was was owned by my relative Jimmy Thorpe at one time Sheffields largest bookie and I still havn't seen Tony.Hope you are well.

Archived