Chief Constable and Deputy arrested

Without pre judging the outcome, is this a sign of endemic corruption within the Police service at high level.

Clearly there remain serious questions to be answered by the Met Police after the News International revelations, but as the latest to be arrested are from the north does this corruption run throughout?

I recall circa 30 years ago, a going away party for a detective sergeant in The Three Cranes, when I asked where he was off to I discovered that it was Armley, he had been on the take for years. Of course all the other serving offices attending the bash, were white as the driven snow, and why wasn't he in the cells?

The trust that some folk on this forum have for the police thoroughly amazes me. I know of a now dead bent copper who paid someone to take the sentence that he should have received, all of his colleagues were aware of what he had done, well they would have wouldn't they? :rolleyes:

I recall circa 30 years ago, a going away party for a detective sergeant in The Three Cranes, when I asked where he was off to I discovered that it was Armley, he had been on the take for years. Of course all the other serving offices attending the bash, were white as the driven snow, and why wasn't he in the cells?

The trust that some folk on this forum have for the police thoroughly amazes me. I know of a now dead bent copper who paid someone to take the sentence that he should have received, all of his colleagues were aware of what he had done, well they would have wouldn't they? :rolleyes:

Was this the case in which I think someone was shot dead, trying to recall the name of the case.

Archived