Chief Constable and Deputy arrested

And your evidence is?

Anecdotal:-

1.. There was a thread on here from someone complaining about police officers speeding on their way to work. An officer from the station responded in a personal capacity, stating that that's how it is and if you want to speed too, join the police.

2.. N.Yorks police nicking people for speeding in full knowledge that the signage wasn't compliant, then using the non-compliant defence when they were caught speeding while off duty. This was widely reported at the time.

3.. The case of PC Mark Milton. Hypocrisy rather than corruption, but still beyond the pale. (Others views may differ).

Numerous others. I'm not saying they're not the exception to the rule, just that they're not confined to high ranking officers.

I recall circa 30 years ago, a going away party for a detective sergeant in The Three Cranes, when I asked where he was off to I discovered that it was Armley, he had been on the take for years. Of course all the other serving offices attending the bash, were white as the driven snow, and why wasn't he in the cells?

The trust that some folk on this forum have for the police thoroughly amazes me. I know of a now dead bent copper who paid someone to take the sentence that he should have received, all of his colleagues were aware of what he had done, well they would have wouldn't they? :rolleyes:

Assuming you mean The Three Cranes on Bank Street, I’m trying to think of the name the landlord (1970s’) who was an ex copper.

From 2006.

"A row broke out today after a police officer convicted of dangerous driving for reaching speeds of up to 159mph escaped a ban. PC Mark Milton was given an absolute discharge after he was told by a judge that he had suffered enough with two-and-a-half years of court proceedings".

If you are one of the "gang" you are untouchable. A sad sad fact.

Regards

Angel.

As a kid I remember hearing about the "Rhino Whip " case.

In that one, police officers Rowley and Rowlands resigned Hird was put back in uniform, Detective Chief Superintendant Carnill retired, Chief Inspector Wells retired, Detective Chief Inspector Batty had his suspension lifted and returned to police service.

In that one, police officers Rowley and Rowlands resigned Hird was put back in uniform, Detective Chief Superintendant Carnill retired, Chief Inspector Wells retired, Detective Chief Inspector Batty had his suspension lifted and returned to police service.

And cracking pensions were enjoyed by most, the system stinks by rewarding the guilty and undeserved. :(

Assuming you mean The Three Cranes on Bank Street, I’m trying to think of the name the landlord (1970s’) who was an ex copper.

No it wasn't, The Three Cranes was run by George and Elsie Butler, who had also run the Anglers Rest at Bamford and The Hen and Chickens in their time.

I recall circa 30 years ago, a going away party for a detective sergeant in The Three Cranes, when I asked where he was off to I discovered that it was Armley, he had been on the take for years. Of course all the other serving offices attending the bash, were white as the driven snow, and why wasn't he in the cells?

The trust that some folk on this forum have for the police thoroughly amazes me. I know of a now dead bent copper who paid someone to take the sentence that he should have received, all of his colleagues were aware of what he had done, well they would have wouldn't they? :rolleyes:

The copper who was nicked around that time was called King, he was involved in the drugs trade with Tony Bashforth.

Archived