Chief Constable and Deputy arrested

Clearly from the antics regarding the News International debacle and if the allegations of nepotism re Cleveland police are correct then there is a serious problem at the top. However I do not see that we have a Police service that is riddled with corruption.

You call the Police "failing" how do you justify this, we have seen crime rates fall year on year over the last few years, how have they failed? Is it not more the case that society itself is more lawless, disrespectful and corrupt and the Police have, successfully, kept the lid on?

Yes because they are purported to be the custodian and upholder of the law, however they have not yet cottoned on to the fact that it also applies to them.

I have made this very clear in my posts, so assume that you have an agenda that includes backing up a failing police force.

• 4 weeks later...
Clearly from the antics regarding the News International debacle and if the allegations of nepotism re Cleveland police are correct then there is a serious problem at the top. However I do not see that we have a Police service that is riddled with corruption.

You call the Police "failing" how do you justify this, we have seen crime rates fall year on year over the last few years, how have they failed? Is it not more the case that society itself is more lawless, disrespectful and corrupt and the Police have, successfully, kept the lid on?

I recall listening to a retired very senior police officer on Radio 4. He intimated that if more arrests were required then both the mugger and the mugged would be arrested, the mugged would then be released without charge, but the arrest stayed on the figures. If less arrests were required then only the mugger would be arrested, these things make up the statistics that you believe.

No, due to injuries incurred in Northern Ireland whilst serving in the armed forces, i had to retire, I then worked in a colliery for the NCB and as a steelworker before being made redundant. I work in the security industry, which I enjoy, as it is one of the only industries which will employ over 60s.

Thankyou for your interest.

looking at some of your posts you work in security ? is that because you couldnt make it as a cop :hihi:

I agree that there are lies damn lies and statistics.But you are unfailingly critical, is there no aspect of the Police service that you admire or find worthy?

I recall listening to a retired very senior police officer on Radio 4. He intimated that if more arrests were required then both the mugger and the mugged would be arrested, the mugged would then be released without charge, but the arrest stayed on the figures. If less arrests were required then only the mugger would be arrested, these things make up the statistics that you believe.

Archived