People wearing coats when its hot

why do some people go out wearing coats when its hot like today are they :loopy:

We went to Cleethorpes on sunday, the weather was red hot !!! a guy in a mobility scooter was wearing a high viz padded sleeved jacket & a russion fur hat !!! my god....

why do some people go out wearing coats when its hot like today are they :loopy:

People like me, wear coats in this weather for several reasons. 1 is I sweat badly in extreme temperatures and actually putting my body in the shade lowers it's temperature greatly.

I also often get bitten, stung, burnt and worse, when not wearing one.

We aren't mad, we do it for a reason.

We went to Cleethorpes on sunday, the weather was red hot !!! a guy in a mobility scooter was wearing a high viz padded sleeved jacket & a russion fur hat !!! my god....

I can fully understand his reasons.

I've often said I'll never go to Cleethorpes (or Skegvegas) 'til the sea freezes over.

Maybe he shared the same opinion and was just taking precautions? :rolleyes:

It's all old people everywhere, I've seen old dears here dressed like it's winter then it's 35 degrees outside and people are dying from heat exhaustion.

35 degrees Fahrenheit is cold, you know. Perhaps they never heard about Celsius (which makes the 35 degrees a lot warmer).

not all people are :loopy: or fruit loops

I wear a thin coat in the summer

when the sun is out as I am allergic to the sun

and have to cover up or I get very bad prickly heat and blisters

and the only thing that calms it down is Calamine lotion

which dries white and doesan't look very nice.

the coat pockets are also handy for putting in all my items

keys,purse,etc.as I dont carry a bag

how do you stop it getting your face, hands & legs?

He may have a condition that makes his body feel extremes of

temperatures- I have fm and that does the same I can be boiling

hot when its freezing outside.

My wife feels cold if the temperature drops below about 22C, and will wear a fleece, even in the sunshine, whereas I'm the other way round and feel comfortable in shorts and shirtsleeves even when it's minus 5! It's just different metabolisms - mine is very high, and I produce a lot of heat (I'm a human radiator), whereas my wife's is low.

Archived