People wearing coats when its hot

I was at a picnic in a park in London last Saturday, it was blazingly hot yet a woman was doing laps round the park in 3/4 length leggings and a pertex top with the cuffs velcroed shut and the zip done right up.

Most runners & cyclists I know perhaps start out dressed like that in late autumn and pretty soon end up with the cuffs & zips open.

People who dress like this do it for a reason-- the reason being to lose weight, the more you sweat the more FAT you lose.

That's cheating a bit Mr Baehr! I presume you mean Vicksburg in ... er ... hang on ... how do you spell it ... er ... Massechussets (sp ... seems wrong) ... er Massechussetts ... er, no. How about Massecchhussetts? ... no. Maseshusets ...no.

Starts with an 'M'- but nothing to do with a Mass of Chew Sets. (Half of the people there don't even have false teeth.)

Em, Eye, Double-Ess Eye, Double-Ess Eye PEE PEE Eye.

There are flights between there and the UK. On 28 June 2007 I left Jackson MS and the temperature was 38'C. The following morning, I arrived at Heathrow and the temperature was 8'C. I'd left my coat at home and I froze for 3 days!

Anyway ... it's a bloody long way away from Skegvegas and even further away from Deusland ... er ... Deuychlanden ... erm ... Deuytschlanden.

Forget the above ... it's hot here and there's people wearing coats that shouldn't be!

Alf weederseyn mine hair! :P

It's not so warm here (in Bavaria - next to Deutschland ;)) today, but we've had quite a few days recently with temperatures in the high 20's /low 30's.

In the UK:

If the temperature gets above 20'C and stays there for more than 3 days, people complain about a 'heatwave' and the roads melt.

If it falls below 3'C and stays there for more than 3 days, they complain about an 'Arctic Blast', the roads ice up and they can't drive on them. (Of course the Brits don't need Winter Tyres.)

If it rains for more than 3 days, they complain about the 'torrential downpours'

If it doesn't, they complain about the 'drought'.

Presumably, the ideal British weather is a temperature of 15'C with light intermittent rain.

From now on, I'll spend the 'second summer' (October-May) in Florida and the rainy season in Europe.

I was at a picnic in a park in London last Saturday, it was blazingly hot yet a woman was doing laps round the park in 3/4 length leggings and a pertex top with the cuffs velcroed shut and the zip done right up.

Somewhere, I've got a photo of my wife on a boat on the River Deben. She's wearing a woolly hat, a heavy Helly-Hansen fleece-lined coat and she looks as if she's freezing.

In the background, there's a Moody 32 crewed by 4 ladies in bikinis.:hihi:

People who dress like this do it for a reason-- the reason being to lose weight, the more you sweat the more FAT you lose.

:huh: You sure about that? I was under the impression that the more you sweat the more dehydrated you get. I at least sweat water not fat.

:huh: You sure about that? I was under the impression that the more you sweat the more dehydrated you get. I at least sweat water not fat.

How many runners-walkers-& people in general do you see without a bottle of light liquid in thire hand, thats stops dehydrating.Ask a boxer or most sports people how thire keep fit.

I think the only reason why old biddies wear long wooly coats (in whatever weather) is due to their good manners and sense of public decency.

Who, in their right mind would want to see them shuffling along in a mini skirt, dragging their nipples along the pavement? :huh:

I wear leggings/trousers all the time anyway

the creams you can get make it worse they make it more inflamed.

it only catches my face when im in the car down one side usually,

and it doesan't catch my hands at all.

its mainly my neck/and chest so I wear high neck tee shirts mostly

but I still get it but not as bad

I have had all the tablets the chemist sells,

Dr says im not on my own so sort of get over it and carry on

cover up and shut up I guess.........

I don't go abroad now for this reason,

lucky I work from home (full time carer)

and I Don't go out in it if I can help it,

I would love to sunbathe in the garden,wear dresses/short sleeve tee shirts but instead i'm indoors when the suns out

I was talking to my neighbour yesturday only for about 5 mins

and it caught the back of my neck in that short time,

I must have soft delicate skin.lol

here is what it does to me:mad:

http://i55.tinypic.com/j98z0w.jpg

what you are describing sounds like you're just fair skinned like me rather than allergic? Surely if you were allergic it would catch your hands and probly affect both sides of your face when in the car?

I can get burnt on a cloudy day if the sun is shining above the clouds and occasionaly looks through

Archived