24th November 2005: Late licences..will your social life change?

goldenfleece

LATE LICENCES FROM NOV 24th  

30 members have voted

1. 1. LATE LICENCES FROM NOV 24th

• Make no difference to my drinking habits at all
    • Will be staying out much later drinking into the small hours
    • It will bring more drunkeness and problems to the streets late at night
    • Its good for Sheffield and have any major bad effects

Yes, just a few days away now. WHat difference do you think, if any, it will make to your drinking habits or social life after the initial 'its new and got to try it' phase.....there are many theories about how bad everything will get and cause more problems, etc, but equally, its about time our laws were updated.

Will you stay in late bars as opposed to going clubbing? Will you still stop drinkling at 11pm anyway regardless? If you local is open until late will you stay there as opposed to going to town?

***pS choice 4 SHOULD read will not have bad effects, cant edit it now***

I think at first people will go mental, but then once they realise they have all night to stay out, but no more money to fund staying out all night, they will slow down and drink slower, otherwise you run out money and have to go home early.

I think it will have a terminal knock on effect to night clubs.....everyone will be in the late bars and by the time the late bars close, its too late to get into a club anyway, as Midnight is the last entry, so I predict EMPTY clubs......a late bar can now do anything a club can do, more or less, as the distinction has merged into virtually the same entity in technical terms.....

I predict many night club casualties within 6 months...they wont have anything to offer that is unique any more...

Originally posted by goldenfleece

I think it will have a terminal knock on effect to night clubs.....everyone will be in the late bars and by the time the late bars close, its too late to get into a club anyway, as Midnight is the last entry, so I predict EMPTY clubs......a late bar can now do anything a club can do, more or less, as the distinction has merged into virtually the same entity in technical terms.....

I predict many night club casualties within 6 months...they wont have anything to offer that is unique any more...

Last entry midnight?

Have I missed part of the new laws. I think entry to clubs will continue as they are.

Originally posted by dimitrysoul

Last entry midnight?

Have I missed part of the new laws. I think entry to clubs will continue as they are.

Not sure what the exact new rules are but I thought most clubs were not allowed to admit people after Midnight...it certainly seems to be the general rule used, unless thats just discretion of the Club Management trying to get everyone in as early as possible?

The venue I work in has last doors at 12.30, but if we still have a queue, the doors might stay open for longer. I believe it is at the managements discretion as to what time the doors are shut.

Look at Niche for example... they're still letting people in when we walk past at 3am on the way home from work!

Archived