Have i got a bad sense of humour??

Ha ha ha ha! Excellent!

It never fails to amuse me that outside the Burncross GP's surgery, on the same side of the road, there are 2 premises - a funeral directors, and a pharmacy! So you're covered either way then! Always makes me laugh when I go to the doctors.

:hihi: Coming up from Meadowhall onto Wincobank (not sure of road name, near the medical centre) I saw an old hearse parked up with 'pimp my ride' style decoration on it. It says 'Try before you die' on the side which tickled me!

I was in hillsbrough recently and that hearse was in front of me in the queue, wish I had the time to get my camera out :hihi:

Who could say! Why do you ask?

No particular reason! I just find it interesting that some subjects can generally be joked about (like death itself) by most people, not everyone obviously, but others would be considered tasteless, like cancer or paedophilia for example. I wondered if other cultures would be offended by jokes about things we aren't that bothered by.

OP started the thread by asking whether she had a bad sense of humour but I'm not sure we could define a good or bad sense of humour that easily.

No particular reason! I just find it interesting that some subjects can generally be joked about (like death itself) by most people, not everyone obviously, but others would be considered tasteless, like cancer or paedophilia for example. I wondered if other cultures would be offended by jokes about things we aren't that bothered by.

OP started the thread by asking whether she had a bad sense of humour but I'm not sure we could define a good or bad sens e of humour that easily.

I'm not sure! I would imagine that'd be more down the the individual rather than certain cultures maybe???

I think some people are very easily offended where as I think to myself, if we didn't laugh about such things, we'd probably cry about them so it's better to laugh. ;)

I'm not sure! I would imagine that'd be more down the the individual rather than certain cultures maybe???

I think some people are very easily offended where as I think to myself, if we didn't laugh about such things, we'd probably cry about them so it's better to laugh. ;)

I agree, it's often an individual thing but there must be some culturally accepted boundaries - like with paedophilia. I don't know anyone who would laugh at a joke about child rape for example. Adult rape, possibly, but that would still be considered sick by most people.

I agree, it's often an individual thing but there must be some culturally accepted boundaries - like with paedophilia. I don't know anyone who would laugh at a joke about child rape for example. Adult rape, possibly, but that would still be considered sick by most people.

What about a child raping an adult? There must be an acceptable joke in there somewhere.

jb

Archived