Mis-selling of payment protection - pay £200 and get £2400 back ?

Has anyone used the service by AIMS ?

They say I am entitled to reclaim £2400 back from my mortgage protection insurance that was potentially missold.

I have to pay £200 initially, but according to them I am certain to recieve £2400 within 6 weeks.

Has anyone used this service?

I am aware that people have recieved money for insurance misselling, however is it as easy as paying £200 ?

Firstly, was it missold?

If so you will only be able to claim back the amount that you have paid. In the event that it was missold the last thing you want to be doing is using a company like AIMS as they will invariably take a cut.

I suggest you take yourself over to the Consumer Action Group forums and Moneysavingexpert forums for all the information you will need.

jb

Useful links:

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/ppi-loan-insurance?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=clicks&utm_campaign=resourcebar

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?61081-PPI-Some-Notes-for-Claimants..%281-Viewing%29-nbsp

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?135060-Mis-sold-PPI-Want-your-money-back-use-these-links-to-help%281-Viewing%29-nbsp

do not use a third party!!!

every bank has proceedures in place to take you through this and if you are being given the run around you can call the financial services ombudsman and they will help you for free.

you do not need to pay a fee to get this money back!

Even if a claimant is lying through their teeth, they stand a very good chance of winning their case. As I understand matters, the only claims that would be rejected are those where the policy has paid out or is paying out benefits. These contracts were 99% bank/building society sales, attached to mortgages and other loans. They were target driven and sold these contracts to everyone and sundry, including those who were ineligible, such as the self employed.

The ambulance chasers are running out of ambulances to chase, they are in the main useless, go it alone.

sorry for hijacking the thread but can you claim the money back even if you cancled the policy

A very good point, I don't know the answer but would guess that if the sale is proved a miss-sell, you would be entitled to the refund of premiums paid.

sorry for hijacking the thread but can you claim the money back even if you cancled the policy

Interesting question as I was under the impression that the PPI tends to be tied up in the loan so the only way to cancel is by taking out a new loan without PPI to pay off the remaining balance of the loan with it. In a case like this then yes it certainly is possible reclaim any PPI payments made, I did so myself way back in 2007 with interest.

Oh, and yeah I see no reason why you couldn't claim even if it wasn't tied up with the loan when you cancelled, on the proviso that it was indeed miss-sold of course.

jb

Archived