Mis-selling of payment protection - pay £200 and get £2400 back ?

Interesting question as I was under the impression that the PPI tends to be tied up in the loan so the only way to cancel is by taking out a new loan without PPI to pay off the remaining balance of the loan with it. In a case like this then yes it certainly is possible reclaim any PPI payments made, I did so myself way back in 2007 with interest.

Oh, and yeah I see no reason why you couldn't claim even if it wasn't tied up with the loan when you cancelled, on the proviso that it was indeed miss-sold of course.

jb

only asked as my partner was told he needed this ppi when he first took his loan out they said it will pay if you loose your job or have an accident ect untill we found out not for the 1st 6 month when he looked at the small print.

he cancled the ppi after a year when they tried to get to get him to renew his loan because they were using a new company

Was it Lloyds Bank who were in the papers today who were losing even more money thanks to such compensation claims?

This is daft, all the banks knew how much PPI they had sold and what the compensation figures were liable to be, so why the big surprise? The market has gone bare, and is waiting for some good news that appears to be taking it's time coming.

only asked as my partner was told he needed this ppi when he first took his loan out they said it will pay if you loose your job or have an accident ect untill we found out not for the 1st 6 month when he looked at the small print.

he cancled the ppi after a year when they tried to get to get him to renew his loan because they were using a new company

There are guidelines which banks must follow when offering financial products, if they weren't then you may have a claim. I suggest you start a thread over at CAG or moneysavingexpert with all the relevant details so receive all the help and guidance you will need.

jb

There are guidelines which banks must follow when offering financial products, if they weren't then you may have a claim. I suggest you start a thread over at CAG or moneysavingexpert with all the relevant details so receive all the help and guidance you will need.

jb

Or have a look at The Financial Ombudsman web site, and look up the criterion for making a claim. What I would advise is that anyone who has been sold PPI should contact who sold it to them, in writing, and ask them to thoroughly review the sale, giving them 28 days to reply.

Or have a look at The Financial Ombudsman web site, and look up the criterion for making a claim. What I would advise is that anyone who has been sold PPI should contact who sold it to them, in writing, and ask them to thoroughly review the sale, giving them 28 days to reply.

One of my links in post# 2 also contains a checklist for potential claims.

jb

• 3 months later...

I recently submitted a claim form for P.P.I to my bank (Lloyds T.S.B) in October. I have now had an offer which i will accept. I did not use a claim company as i believe they will syphon a large part off for them selves. Going straight to the bank directly cuts out the middle man.

Archived