Washing Machine advice Pleeeease

Ok, so my partner never reads the instructions to anything he feels if theres anything which he doesn't know already then its not worth knowing.

So we put my jazzy new washing machine in its place yesterday, connect it up and put a wash on.

Alls well UNTIL the spin cycle and suddenly the whole machine is dancing a jig across the floor.

A quick scan of the instructions reveals he should have removed 2 transit screws???

I guess what I'm asking is will this rookie mistake have done any damage to my new machine??

You can all jump on me now and tear me to shreds.

Oh dear...hope there is no damage done there.

I've just had a new washer....I let them deliver and fit it....that way I can't be responsible if it didn't work.

I suppose it's a simple error...I just hope it isn't costly. :)

err... My new one gets delivered tomorrow, i'll make sure I check first! Thanks...

Hopefully the design engineers will be aware of this mistake and will have specified a housing / screw weak enough to shear in those conditions.

You may want to extract them and inspect the area...

err... My new one gets delivered tomorrow, i'll make sure I check first! Thanks...

Hopefully the design engineers will be aware of this mistake and will have specified a housing / screw weak enough to shear in those conditions.

You may want to extract them and inspect the area...

Just RTFM first would be the best advice...

Engineers cannot be expected to take in to account incompetant users...Or can they?....

Archived