Racism on Forum

It's obvious who the real racists are, they are transparent.

They do not condemn or speak out against white nationalist and far right parties. Nor is their default position anti-patriarchy/pro-feminist and anti-homophobic, only within the context of a discussion on Islam.

There are a lot of issues which need addressing which are not being tackled, or are long after the horse has bolted, because a climate of fear of being labelled racist had been allowed to develop.

But this 'fear' is entirely self imposed, if someone accuses you of something you're not then on a forum they should provide evidence of the claim they make against you. If they cant then it is they who look stupid.

I've lost count of the number of times I've been accused of being an 'apologist' for Muslims, presumably a sleight that is intended to attack me personally rather than my argument. Do I give a toss? It won't deter me at all from defending what I think is right.

If you believe your argument is valid then you should have the courage of your convictions, ironically I've more respect and time for racists here that do, rather than the mealy mouthed who constantly moan about being described as such, rather than putting forward any coherent argument or get upset if anyone dares challenge them.

Sheesh, can't a guy engage in semantic fencing anymore?

A stereotype is simply a generalisation about a particular group of people. It is only when the stereotype is acted upon that discrimination occurs.

Anyways, an interesting read http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles/199805/where-bias-begins-the-truth-about-stereotypes

jb

I'd like to believe what they say about black men, but can provide compelling evidence to the contrary :cry:

But this 'fear' is entirely self imposed, if someone accuses you of something you're not then on a forum they should provide evidence of the claim they make against you. If they cant then it is they who look stupid.

I've lost count of the number of times I've been accused of being an 'apologist' for Muslims, presumably a sleight that is intended to attack me personally rather than my argument. Do I give a toss? It won't deter me at all from defending what I think is right.

If you believe your argument is valid then you should have the courage of your convictions, ironically I've more respect and time for racists here that do, rather than the mealy mouthed who constantly moan about being described as such, rather than putting forward any coherent argument or get upset if anyone dares challenge them.

Not everyone is as thick skinned as you? I've seen countless people, including myself, be accused if racism on here, people whom know NOT to be racist. Some have been hounded off the board, bullied and threatened. It is disgraceful behaviour and some cannot withstand it despite having the courage of their convictions.

Very interesting, but I fear I have generated more heat than light. However, I have learned that, apparently white men can jump. After a horrific taxi ride from Sheffield to Rotherham I fear that Asian men cant drive. Tonight I am going to a West Indian Restaurant on London Road. I shall check my change and will report tomorrow on whether black men can count.

Toodle Pip

Just to make it clear from a forum standpoint:

Users may hold whatever wishes they want, but it is against forum rules to post on the forum any posts which contain language of hatred, language or opinions which others are likely to find offensive or anything which has an apparent intent to incite hatred in others.

Wednesday and United fans abuse each other all the time on these forums. Football is one of the few areas left in society wherre it is socially acceptable to hate another group of people based on an arbitrary allegiance.

Archived