Racism on Forum

Indeed but that 'adaptation' doesn't generally take the form of isolating oneself from other ethnic groups, which may have benefits for the survival of your own progeny.

On the contrary, adaption occurs in isolated populations in response to changes in environment.

jb

As far as I recall, we are all members of the human race, albeit that some don't deserve the compliment of being referred to as being human beings.

People use skin colour to determine race, and then fit the colour to a continent, which in reality is stupid, as the human race has been very mobile for many years. :confused:

Not sure, but I think your noticing a pattern which isn't really there...

I'm not really noticing a pattern, other than acknowledging the self evident one that we tend to subconsciously prefer people from our own ethnic group, or do you think that isn't true?

I'd certainly like to hope it wasn't.

I'm not really noticing a pattern, other than acknowledging the self evident one that we tend to subconsciously prefer people from our own ethnic group, or do you think that isn't true?

I'd certainly like to hope it wasn't.

That wasn't what it sounded like you were saying... :huh:

Just to make it clear from a forum standpoint:

Users may hold whatever wishes they want, but it is against forum rules to post on the forum any posts which contain language of hatred, language or opinions which others are likely to find offensive or anything which has an apparent intent to incite hatred in others.

The applies to race, gender, disability and any other connotation in which language may be considered offensive.

If you see any postings which you consider offensive (rather than challenging debate) then please use the report function to tell the moderating team about it.

My bold: Nobody would be allowed to post anything then since no matter what anyone posts there will always be sombody who objects to it. SF is full of comments that try to change peoples' opinions and objectionable to some, but not all of them are deleted, which makes the content of your post inaccurate.

I see it as hatred of a group of people who are a different colour to yourself or being a **** to people due to their skin colour simply.

However it seems to some people just a tool to win a argument or beat someone down who has different opinions to themselves, to get their own way, to get out of trouble, to be seen to have the moral higher ground.

The sort of people who use it this way are not much different from the people who really are racist because they come full circle spewing bile.

It was a while ago indeed, about 16 years :hihi:

it still happens

my step-son has aspergers and was called a "stupid white boy" at his previous school by another pupil, he retaliated with "well you're a stupid black boy", and , lo and behold, he was given 3 days exclusion whilst the other boy went unpunished. this was just last year.

Racism or whatever it is, is simply hatred towards a group of people based on what they are or who they are.

For example hatred of homosexuals. jews etc.....even wishing the deaths of certain groups. Something that was popular in 1930's germany, and suprisingly appears to be rearing its ugly head within our very own society in 2011.

That wasn't what it sounded like you were saying... :huh:

Well I agreed with Jeffrey Shaw's original point when he suggested it if you take a look, however accepting that doesn't mean the advantages of diversity should be disregarded or discussed.

On the forum it's just a word used to shut people up. It doesn't really have much meaning to it.

in my experience racism is mostly first mentioned in anticipation of an accusation that never arrives. far from shutting anyone up it is used by racist s to play the victim whilst victimising others

Archived