Racism on Forum

That's contrary to modern scientific understanding, generally as with all lifeforms (plants and animals) is to adapt for survival, not to just be different!

I believe the phenomenon he's referring to is Heterosis, which is pretty well established.

In my experience, it's a label put on people when others just want to shut them up and stifle any sensible debate.

In my experience it's quite accurately applied to certain people on the forum, but they don't like to be labelled that way despite it accurately describing them.

In my experience it's quite accurately applied to certain people on the forum, but they don't like to be labelled that way despite it accurately describing them.

Of course sometimes the use of the word is appropriate, too often it isn't.

Stereotyping is not in itself discriminatory. There is even some research that indicates that ethnic and gender stereotypes are surprisingly accurate, this is in stark contrast to political and nationalistic stereotypes which are generally inaccurate.

http://www.worldcat.org/title/stereotype-accuracy-toward-appreciating-group-differences/oclc/32508835

jb

What I meant is they stereotype them in a negative manner and voice this

That is a very good point. Do you feel that people are so sensitive to being dubbed racist they fail to sustain the argument?

On the forum it's just a word used to shut people up. It doesn't really have much meaning to it.

Archived