Getting fit - after smoking

6 years last April for me and the best thing I've ever done!!!!:)

I used those Nicotine patches for the first 3 months, I found they really helped.

I can remember that I too did tend to catch all the throat infections & colds going around for a while though :confused:

6 years last April for me and the best thing I've ever done!!!!:)

I used those Nicotine patches for the first 3 months, I found they really helped.

I can remember that I too did tend to catch all the throat infections & colds going around for a while though :confused:

Did you do any exercise to help you on your way?

Did you do any exercise to help you on your way?

I really just tried to get out a bit more, long, brisk walks, took up swimming too because I actually piled quite a bit of weight on the first few months:(

that really helped with my weight and breathing!

Still so chuffed with myself that on April 20th every year I open a bottle of champers...:)

I really just tried to get out a bit more, long, brisk walks, took up swimming too because I actually piled quite a bit of weight on the first few months:(

that really helped with my weight and breathing!

Still so chuffed with myself that on April 20th every year I open a bottle of champers...:)

You should be proud. I too will be celebrating after a year. Bring it on!!

Ive never smoked and hate the stinking habit,it takes a long time for your body to completely get over smoking if ever, anything up to 20 years so doctors say,mucus means that the alveolis in your lungs are working and getting rid of the rubbish in your lungs,every body's constitution is different though,but stopping smoking is the best thing you will ever do for the health and longevity of your body good luck and stay of the fags,the best thing for fitness is running,try running 3 miles or so every other day that is the best thing for you lungs and general fitness it all depends how fit you want to be.

Archived