Getting fit - after smoking

Might give that a try. 7 months now since I quit. My health and fitness are slowly improving... wish I could say the same for my tummy.

I know what you mean.

I gave up last Christmas after 45 years and feel a lot better for it and have put on a stone (6.3kg) which is good for me, was 10 ½ stone before. Downside is having to buy new jeans that fit.

Keeping busy helps so I have started a pot garden (no not that sort of pot:hihi:) out the back.

5 months on and still suffering, although not as much as before. Slowly getting there and breathing a lot better now. Just need to concentrate on building my fitness now.

Hey Mr Tangerine Man..

I've never smoked but I know where you are coming from. I would suggest you try a few spa weekend breaks. I find them absolutely fantastic for clearing the cobwebs. I know a great place up near Otley. It is very quite so the pool is never crowded. So lots of swiming punctuated by relaxation in the steam room. It is brilliant to breathe in steam and the breathing is so much better afterwards.

In the meantime you should try running rather than walking. You need to do things that force you to use the full capacity of your lungs rather than walking which will just burn fat slowly.

I nearly forgot. With Christmas approaching buy a big bag of balloons and blow them up.

I know what you mean.

I gave up last Christmas after 45 years and feel a lot better for it and have put on a stone (6.3kg) which is good for me, was 10 ½ stone before. Downside is having to buy new jeans that fit.

Keeping busy helps so I have started a pot garden (no not that sort of pot:hihi:) out the back.

Someone mention pot? :suspect:

Hey Mr Tangerine Man..

I've never smoked but I know where you are coming from. I would suggest you try a few spa weekend breaks. I find them absolutely fantastic for clearing the cobwebs. I know a great place up near Otley. It is very quite so the pool is never crowded. So lots of swiming punctuated by relaxation in the steam room. It is brilliant to breathe in steam and the breathing is so much better afterwards.

In the meantime you should try running rather than walking. You need to do things that force you to use the full capacity of your lungs rather than walking which will just burn fat slowly.

I nearly forgot. With Christmas approaching buy a big bag of balloons and blow them up.

A spa weekend?! Gosh, that's all a bit effeminate isn't it? :D Although, I do like the idea of pool sessions and moments in the steam room. Might give it a try.

I am full of hot air, so balloons should be no problem :D

exercising the lungs is most important.take a big as breath as possible and hold it for 15 seconds then let it out slowly.this clears the bottom of the lungs out which is where all the worst diseases start and should be done in the fresh air every day

Archived