Looking for a late family holiday..frustrated

My uncle used to own a bar in Calla llonga in Ibiza it was beautiful there and very family orientated a bus ride to the surrounding towns and a lovely local market twice a week, very beautiful beach too like a little village in the bottom of the mountains but away from all the headbangers lol, google it to see the pics I would take my kids there it's very safe! X

I think you'll find when you go abroad that a lot of the headbangers are Brits. .

Especially if it’s all inclusive ………… free beer ……. Sun, sea and sex.

I find the best places to go are the ones popular with the natives of that country

We went to a hotel in Minorca , it was mainly Spanish, a few Germans and a few Brits …….. no union jack shorts, no happy hours, no towels on sunbeds ……… bliss. :cool:

For the last few years when the grandkids were young we have been going to the Sur Menorca Hotel, obviously on Menorca. All inclusive, child friendly, quiet etc. Just had a quick look on First Choice and for your requirements it comes up at £2056 for 2 weeks from Donny on Sept 5th, if you juggle the dates you should get inside your budget.

I can recommend the Sur Menorca, but by far and away the best it the Aguamarina situated at Arenal d'en castell in the horseshoe bay, bliss.......

I think it's a big call with your budget in August, (esp AI) if you can my advice make the most of the cheaper weeks if your children aren't at school yet, or try to tag either side of the hols, always worked for us.

Aiming to go on our first ever family holiday abroad in around 10 days or so...for 10-14 days. It's doing my head in trying to find somewhere that fits our criteria, bearing in mind our kids are 5 and 2.

- shortish flight (so probably Balearics, Portugal, Spain)

- not Malta, Greece, Turkey

- somewhere not full of headbangers but more family orientated

- quiet(ish) if possible though not remote

- not a big old 'Benidorm' style hotel, small hotel/apartment preferred

- budget £2k (though this is right at the top end, near All Inclusive budget)

I don't want much, do I? :thumbsup:

Anyone recommend anywhere, especially if you've just returned?

I think you'll find when you go abroad that a lot of the headbangers are Brits. There's a saying you may have heard of called travel broadens the mind. It tends not to apply to Brits.

I find the best places to go are the ones popular with the natives of that country. Brittany is nice and you can drive to Plymouth and get the ferry over. The South of France is lovely from the Basque Country across to the Italian border. Corsica and Sardinia too are nice but Corsica is expensive and very popular. But if it's Brits you want you can get a train to Cleethorpes.

Yes, as you can see from a subsequent post I made after the original, I clarified my stance re Brits abroad. I wasn't saying Brits and headbangers were mutually exclusive; far from it.

Being 'the only Brits there' in this case meant, after reading the review, that all the kids' clubs, entertainment, etc were in German. Now, I'm all for multilingualism but it would have made integration that bit tougher for my little ones.

I haven't been on this forum much but I really will have to be more careful with my expression in future.

And, indeed, thanks for the requested advice.

We went to a hotel in Minorca , it was mainly Spanish, a few Germans and a few Brits …….. no union jack shorts, no happy hours, no towels on sunbeds ……… bliss. :cool:

This would do nicely...any chance you could remember the name of the hotel, Malky?

Anyway, I'll get looking and thanks all for the advice :thumbsup:

Archived