To pay or not to pay Bills

Basically I have moved out a rented property and wondering what will happen if I don't pay the remaining bill on the gas and electric will they be able to find me and fine me and make me pay e.c.t?

As the bills was split between 4 of us but the bills was under my name

I've herd the landlord will ultimately have to pay the bill and he was a <REMOVED> hole refused to give any of out deposits back even though no damage was left to the property so it will just even it out.....

Basically I have moved out a rented property and wondering what will happen if I don't pay the remaining bill on the gas and electric will they be able to find me and fine me and make me pay e.c.t?

Oh they will make you pay alright,

one way or another.

I personally hope they hunt you down like a dog in the street.

No the landlord will not have to pay. You do as it was you who used the utilities and you were named on the bill.

Did your landlord deposit your bonds in a Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme?. He is legally obliged to do so and must also provide you with the details of said scheme. If not he is screwed. If so then go through the appropriate channels to get your deposit back (on the assumption that you did not cause any damage to the property; you should have taken photos before and after moving in as well as signing an inventory when you moved in).

jb

How will they find me again though? and yes we did sign the Tenancy Deposit Scheme also we did not take pictures (wish we did now) but we went into the office when first moved in to complain about the state the house was left in when we received it they sent round a cleaner in the end after numerous complaints but the cleaner they sent around did not exactly do a good job and it was the same person who came round we we had problems with the electrics and the gas or any else in matter of fact ??

If you went through the TDP then you need to go through them to solve any disputes over bonds.

As for your bills it is really not that hard to find people once they have moved. All the credit reference agencies for one will know where you have gone. I suggest you pay up and stop being a freeloading <REMOVED>.

jb

Archived