To pay or not to pay Bills

Yeah I no they are two different things but the bill is against the property although it is in my name the land lord is still responsible for the property what the bills are getting sent to. and they will not be able to get new tenants in and paying bills untill the old bills are sorted.

Basically I have moved out a rented property and wondering what will happen if I don't pay the remaining bill on the gas and electric will they be able to find me and fine me and make me pay e.c.t?

As the bills was split between 4 of us but the bills was under my name

Is it on a meter? Cause if it is it causes such inconvenience for the person moving in after, trust me I had a hell of a struggle getting my money back after paying off part of someone elses debt in order to have gas/electric for myself. Debt collection agencies also keep sending letters out for the previous tennant so Im assuming that will just happen to you. Get the other 3 people to chip in and pay it off.

Yeah I no they are two different things but the bill is against the property although it is in my name the land lord is still responsible for the property what the bills are getting sent to. and they will not be able to get new tenants in and paying bills untill the old bills are sorted.

No, this is just wrong. What are you, 12? The bills are in your name so you are liable to pay them. No amount of whingeing will change that. Grow up and pay your way.

jb

Ive allready used my name again this year for my new property and I am paying my bills by direct debit quite happily with no mention of outstanding bills when setting it up

Great spread the net and make it easier for them to find you :D ………. The bill is in your name not the landlords.

Is it on a meter? Cause if it is it causes such inconvenience for the person moving in after, trust me I had a hell of a struggle getting my money back after paying off part of someone elses debt in order to have gas/electric for myself. Debt collection agencies also keep sending letters out for the previous tennant so Im assuming that will just happen to you. Get the other 3 people to chip in and pay it off.

All gas/electric is on a meter. Do you mean pre-paid?

jb

Archived