To pay or not to pay Bills

Ive allready used my name again this year for my new property and I am paying my bills by direct debit quite happily with no mention of outstanding bills when setting it up

They will catch you, and possibly take you to court if you dont pay up, if they do, good luck renting anywhere ever again!

well ive not herd anything from either the landlord or British gas so no point in paying it untill I am contacted by someone anyway and when they do ill pay it and If I dont get contacted then I just saved my self some money :D

Yeah I no they are two different things but the bill is against the property although it is in my name the land lord is still responsible for the property what the bills are getting sent to. and they will not be able to get new tenants in and paying bills untill the old bills are sorted.

This is poppycock. The landlord just has to tell them that you have left and they come out and reset the meters. Scroungers are just an occupational hazard to landlords.

Yeah I no they are two different things but the bill is against the property although it is in my name the land lord is still responsible for the property what the bills are getting sent to.

He's responsible for the property, not the bills for the property.

and they will not be able to get new tenants in and paying bills untill the old bills are sorted.

It won't make one jot of difference to the landlord or the new tennants, the bill doesn't belong to the property, it belongs to the person who's name was on the bill when the electricity was used.

You'll almost certainly get a CCJ against your name, which may not matter too much now, but should you ever want a loan, mortgage or any sort of credit in the future, you're screwed.

This is poppycock.

Indeed it is.

well ive not herd anything from either the landlord or British gas so no point in paying it untill I am contacted by someone anyway and when they do ill pay it and If I dont get contacted then I just saved my self some money :D

I applaud your altruism. Your unselfish attitude and adherence to social mores is truly commendable. Bravo... no wait... you're nothing more than a social pariah, a parasite suckling at the teat of a pig named Scrounger.

jb

I applaud your altruism. Your unselfish attitude and adherence to social mores is truly commendable. Bravo... no wait... your nothing more than a social pariah, a parasite suckling at the teat of pig named Scrounger.

jb

:clap:

Well said , unfortunately that is society today , me me me ………. And sod the rest.

Archived