False Rape

But as a professional you must also understand that there are also victims of rape as well as victims of false rape. You as a professional seem to be totally biased towards the false rape victim. It was pointed out to you by using such terminology as 'the no-means-no brigade' on a public forum seems to smack of unprofessional at the least.

Sorry fib but you seem to have lost your sense of balance as a therapist when applied to rape, in all it's manifestations. To fob off "no means no" as the war-cry of the "brigade" would imply you take your biased professionalism home with you and trot it out on a forum. Wasn't it baseman who used the same type of terminology on a similar thread "bog standard rape". That's how professional you looked.

I dont see it like that but then hey, the media always come down heavily on the side of the one accusing rape so the accused (and lets not forget the innocent accused) need a spokesperson too.

I dont see it like that but then hey, the media always come down heavily on the side of the one accusing rape so the accused (and lets not forget the innocent accused) need a spokesperson too.

The point is I haven't defined innocent from guilty. Both are victims. As for spokesperson that would be in the remit of the likes of Max Clifford, not a therapist in mental care who should understand that a victim is a victim regardless of hype.

My bold.

Debate actually has rules - one of which is that if you make a claim, you are supposed to provide some source/evidence for it, especially if it is a statistical claim - after all there must be a source for it for you to make the claim in the first place (or else you are just making it up).

From earlier

When we post "normally" we do not post as moderators. We also don't moderate threads we have posted in.

Further, it is for the person claiming something to disprove it - that is how debate works.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Made me chuckle did that.

Agreed, which is a real shame. It undermines the real racism which should be challenged, much in the same way that the few women who make false rape charges ruin it for women generally.:(

Will you be asking this poster to back up her 'few'?

No?

Didnt think so.

But it has been....try reading the thread.

edit :lol you got me, didn't notice that - would certainly make for boring discussions :D

Youll have to help me, i cant find where suffragette backs up her claim that its only a 'few' rape victims who are lying.

I wasnt trying to 'get you' as such but you cant tell one person they have to provide evidence and not another. It just shows an apparent biased and as a moderator im not sure thats a good thing.

Will you be asking this poster to back up her 'few'?

No?

Didnt think so.

'Few' isn't a statistic though. It's a determiner. If I said "some women tell lies" then that is different than saying "3% of women tell lies". Even more so if one puts the premise in context.

All Suffragette has to do is post 1 article about false rape and she has proved her point. Your "50%" statistic is a little more difficult to prove.

'Few' isn't a statistic though. It's a determiner. If I said "some women tell lies" then that is different than saying "3% of women tell lies". Even more so if one puts the premise in context.

All Suffragette has to do is post 1 article about false rape and she has proved her point. Your "50%" statistic is a little more difficult to prove.

Few IS an amount, a tiny amount when talking of percentages but an even tinyer amount when you consider how many people there are living in our country.

Lets say a few is 3, thats the usual amount meant by a few.

A few % = around 3%

But a few women means around 3 or so of the entire female population.

So which is it?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=7944317&postcount=76

You are right it wasn't challenged at the time, but that was a) because i didn't notice it because of the strange way this thread started and b) there is a difference between your positive claim of 50% and the passive "few".

Incidentally, you did then give that evidence, so i think you knew you should have done

My bold pink.

Stop showing your bias.!!

My bold red.

Lesson learned then.

My bold back.

Hmmm, that was my fault :blush:. Still glad to see the topic was felt worthy of its own thread instead of just been binned.

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=7944317&postcount=76

You are right it wasn't challenged at the time, but that was a) because i didn't notice it because of the strange way this thread started and b) there is a difference between your positive claim of 50% and the passive "few".

Incidentally, you did then give that evidence, so i think you knew you should have done

Maybe i should. Ive been around here for long enough now to realise any topic like this will need some form of proof or at least a source.

It was a noob mistake and one i wont repeat.:D

Few IS an amount, a tiny amount

No it isn't. It's no more of an amount than 'some', 'more', 'less', 'another'. It is used to determine an amount, hence it is a determiner.

A 'few atoms' can number 1 or 1 billion. It isn't an amount at all.

All this is moot. You haven't got any statistics that to show that 50% of rapes are lies. The most you can ever show is that a percentage of rape cases fail to achieve prosecution in court, which doesn't show truth or falsity anyway.

Archived