False Rape

I do not want to derail this thread and take it off topic, however, I now regret having used that analogy. However, I am totally with Medusa on this. It is no wonder that the conviction rates are so low if this is the perception.

What even is the topic? There's not much info in the opening post. Is this thread just here to talk about false rape?

And I think you'll find that your statement is grossly offensive to everybody who has been raped and not been able to secure a conviction of their rapist. Just because a conviction is not gained, does not make the accusation false.

Can we have a decent reference for this 'over 50% of rape accusations are false' please?

Back it up or retract it.

Probably not, but I suspect there's been lots of people that have been locked up for rape even though they were innocent. The truth is the truth is not always as true as it should be.

Should the penalty for false accusation of rape, be comparable to the penalty for rape itself?

I used to think so, but not now, otherwise you could say the same about any false accusation. Should someone who falsely claimed that they were kidnapped and locked in a cellar for 6 months be given the same punishment for a real kidnapping?

Archived