They're back!! (and I'm leaving)

I never used to be bothered about spiders until a few years ago when I found an unfamiliar looking one in my kitchen, It was only about the size of a 50p but quite beefy looking, as I'd never seen this type before I caught it under a glass and looked closer.

As an amateur arachnologist (at that moment) I decided to straighten a paperclip and slide it under the glass, gently prodding its foot. It seemed slightly annoyed and as I prodded a little closer to its face I nearly jumped out of my skin when 2 large fangs protruded and grabbed the paperclip. It wasn't strong enough to pull or shake the paperclip but the sight of the fangs appearing and clamping around the paperclip was a little disturbing.

Now I'm not so fearless of the little blighters.

...please say you're joking Roots?

This magnificent beauty (Tarantula) was in our utility room in Cyprus, I'm now ashamed to say that I killed it and to this day regret not carefully capturing it and setting it free outside.

2wqbjwp.jpg

Just glad you didn't bring over here with you ;)

Archived