E. Petitions via hm government

Like one person earlier today said, letting people live with the consequences of their actions is by far the greater punishment.

Only if that person has a conscience. Jon Venables is one person who needs to swing from a rope and I'd be staggered if anyone can justify otherwise.

I forst heard about these e petitions back in 2008, when it was reported that Margaret Thatcher was going to be granted a state funeral. There was a huge backlash quite rightly, and a huge petition began online.

A Member of Parliament (Ronnie Campbell I think) tried to have the matter debated in parliament, unfortunately he was 'dissauaded' from doing so.

Perhaps the Government will only debate those e petitions that it agrees with.

Only if that person has a conscience. Jon Venables is one person who needs to swing from a rope and I'd be staggered if anyone can justify otherwise.

Whilst you may not like it Jon Venables is a product of the society we have created. We can't just go round exterminating the things we don't like. I don't think Jon's behaviour can be classed as normal so that leaves us with the question that as a society are willing to kill the mentally ill or anything that we can’t fix? If we are then surely we're all fit for execution.

I forst heard about these e petitions back in 2008, when it was reported that Margaret Thatcher was going to be granted a state funeral. There was a huge backlash quite rightly, and a huge petition began online.

A Member of Parliament (Ronnie Campbell I think) tried to have the matter debated in parliament, unfortunately he was 'dissauaded' from doing so.

Perhaps the Government will only debate those e petitions that it agrees with.

Of course it will. As with the death penalty petition. They backbenchers may discuss it but very few MPs would actually vote for it. It would likely stop at the backbenchers.

I thought that site was fairly credible until I came across the petition "Stop all UK flights" with one vote. Then I realised its a load of rubbish. I might start my own, see how many people I can get to sign "let cats get their own houses".

I thought that site was fairly credible until I came across the petition "Stop all UK flights" with one vote. Then I realised its a load of rubbish. I might start my own, see how many people I can get to sign "let cats get their own houses".

You need a minimum of 100,000 signatures before it's considered. People can create petitions for what they want but unless it has the required signatures it ain't going nowhere.

Archived