E. Petitions via hm government

From your previous comments and the emotive language you have used I'm certain you won't listen so I have no desire to waste my time in a futile effort to convince you otherwise. I'll simply say you are deeply mistaken.

so basically you are putting your fingers in your ears and singing la la la la la la:loopy: because others have a different view??

so basically you are putting your fingers in your ears and singing la la la la la la:loopy: because others have a different view??

No I'm refusing to debate with someone who is not likely to be open to reason, which is why I won't be debating with you either.

I thought that site was fairly credible until I came across the petition "Stop all UK flights" with one vote. Then I realised its a load of rubbish. I might start my own, see how many people I can get to sign "let cats get their own houses".

This is the problem with these sorts of sites, they eventually become a loon's paradise.

All sorts of insane things get proposed by a self-selecting group of oddballs and wierdos under the guise of it being "democratic" when in fact it is anything but that.

Ultimately it will achieve nothing, there is no appetite for the return of capital punishment except from the right wing of the conservative party and their rich owners who are looking for a replacement for the blood thirsty horror called fox hunting and for yet another way to oppress the poor even more than they already are.

This is the problem with these sorts of sites, they eventually become a loon's paradise.

All sorts of insane things get proposed by a self-selecting group of oddballs and wierdos under the guise of it being "democratic" when in fact it is anything but that.

Ultimately it will achieve nothing, there is no appetite for the return of capital punishment except from the right wing of the conservative party and their rich owners who are looking for a replacement for the blood thirsty horror called fox hunting and for yet another way to oppress the poor even more than they already are.

Agree with you there.

The stated aim of e-petitioning is to reconnect the electorate with the political process, but all it will do is give more power to those who seek to manipulate popular sentiment (Paul Staines alias Guido Fawkes). Have a look at his website - it often appeals to the lowest common denominator.

It's shocking that in the wake of discovering the corruption in both police and media that one of the first e-petitions to be given consideration is the restoration of capital punishment.

There have been enough miscarraiges of justice over the years to be wary of it's reintroduction (e.g. Stefan Kiszko). But then the likes of Staines couln't careless about him or others like him.

That makes no sense.

You seem to actually mean "killing is wrong in certain circumstances" which to me is absurd.

why does it not make sense? of course killing is wrong persay, but in certain circumstances a majority society deserves a final justice to be rid of the child killers, terrorists etc etc, one of baby P,s killers is free to day after what 4 ? yrs? how can that make sense as you put it??

Archived