City Centre Curry Houses

Broomster

Originally posted by Broomster

I understand that there are a few threads on a similar subject, but I specifically would like to know which is the best Indian restaurant (not take away) in the city centre. What are the best budget and expensive options?

Nirmals is good - but not quite as good as it likes to think it is...

(also, I think, the only actual *Indian* restaurant in Sheffield)

The best one has got to be Bombay on Westfield Terrice (I think thats the road name), I havn't been for a while but the food is really nice and they cater to your needs like if you want somthing with extras in or owt left out the do it and I also think it is very reasonably priced (maybee cos the decor is a little old / nasty).

Butlers have just had a bit of a refurb (let's face it, it needed it!), I think they might have changed management too. At one point they were doing a 2-for-1 offer Monday to Thursdays, but the banner advertising it has gone now. Still good though - their Saag Paneer is delish. :D

Cafe Guru (just round the corner from Nandos) is amazingly good. Went there last night and it was top notch. Yes you will pay a few pounds more, but the friendly service and nice decor more than make up for it.

We had :

4 bottles of cobra

1 Gin and Tonic

1 Glass white wine

2 Main Courses

2 Rice

1 Veg Side Dish

Just a shy over £35

VERY impressed

Archived