12 years for an Internet post

Daily Mirror - Muslim gets 12 years jail for encouraging fanatics on web site to attack MPs

AN extremist who urged Muslims to kill MPs for voting for the war in Iraq was sent to prison for 12 years yesterday.

IT graduate Bilal Ahmad, 24, called on fanatics to “raise the knife of Jihad” and listed the details of 365 MPs who supported military action.

Daily Mirror - Muslim gets 12 years jail for encouraging fanatics on web site to attack MPs

AN extremist who urged Muslims to kill MPs for voting for the war in Iraq was sent to prison for 12 years yesterday.

IT graduate Bilal Ahmad, 24, called on fanatics to “raise the knife of Jihad” and listed the details of 365 MPs who supported military action.

Pity they cannot jail his supporters.

the OP's link is always going to be rabidly anti British law its the same group that is making all the noise about Sharia law,in fact theres a link on there where you can sit for over an hour and hear the dulcet tones of Anjem Choudray telling the world how good the non believers are and why muslims should pal up with us at all costs and reject sharia law.

I dislike the site and its aims. I also dislike Bilal Ahmed and his aims and I can see why he was sentenced to jail, but 12 years is harsh. I reckon a 12 month sentence would be plenty.

There's a more impartial report on his activities here. His crimes extend to more than the 'one email' on the link in the OP -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jul/29/radical-muslim-bilal-ahmad-jailed

Archived