12 years for an Internet post

I dislike the site and its aims. I also dislike Bilal Ahmed and his aims and I can see why he was sentenced to jail, but 12 years is harsh. I reckon a 12 month sentence would be plenty.

There's a more impartial report on his activities here. His crimes extend to more than the 'one email' on the link in the OP -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jul/29/radical-muslim-bilal-ahmad-jailed

He will be out in 3.

I dislike the site and its aims. I also dislike Bilal Ahmed and his aims and I can see why he was sentenced to jail, but 12 years is harsh. I reckon a 12 month sentence would be plenty.

There's a more impartial report on his activities here. His crimes extend to more than the 'one email' on the link in the OP -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/jul/29/radical-muslim-bilal-ahmad-jailed

As he posted an an American site, could he be sent over to face charges? Plus he holds a Pakistan passport could he be kicked out of uk?

He will be out in 3.

That all depends on how long it takes him to earn lower category status ,at the moment he may be A or B which means he has no set date for release and because the sentence is over 4 years he has to apply for parole after serving at least half the sentence he doesnt get a release date automatically

He will be out in 3.

That all depends on how long it takes him to earn lower category status ,at the moment he may be A or B which means he has no set date for release and because the sentence is over 4 years he has to apply for parole after serving at least half the sentence he doesnt get a release date automatically

I'm sure it's jail term will be reduced on appeal and it will be out in 3.

He will have to serve 6yrs, all determinate sentences have a halfway release point and the parole board have no say on when he is released.

Archived