Whatever happened to the Englishman irishman and Scotsman jokes?

The old jokes have died, a victim of the PC Brigade IMO, you can't say this, that or the other cos it offends a certain group... It'll all end in tears I tells you.

because some do gooder will make a complaint on behalf of the scotsman or the irishman that this is racist or some other politicaly correct excuse!!

Banter is funny, but I guess your right. Although I can't see how racism can be invoked.

But decided to eat elsewhere when they found out the barbaric way that halal meat is killed.

Because British Abbatoirs have such a good record on animal welfare? Pffft.

Honestly - the jokes we're talking about live on in the schoolyard, where they have always lived.

I think I stopped telling them when I was about 12 and went to big school. My 9 year old son, on the other hand, thinks they're hilarious.

It's not PCGM that's to blame, it's just that most people have a sense of humour that grows with them, whereas others seem to suffer some kind of humour dwarfism.

The old jokes have died, a victim of the PC Brigade IMO, you can't say this, that or the other cos it offends a certain group... It'll all end in tears I tells you.

Spot on

because some do gooder will make a complaint on behalf of the scotsman or the irishman that this is racist or some other politicaly correct excuse!!

Exactly , sadly the Do Gooders have a voice in society , and look at the state of things because of this.

Archived