Whatever happened to the Englishman irishman and Scotsman jokes?

Because British Abbatoirs have such a good record on animal welfare? Pffft.

Honestly - the jokes we're talking about live on in the schoolyard, where they have always lived.

I think I stopped telling them when I was about 12 and went to big school. My 9 year old son, on the other hand, thinks they're hilarious.

It's not PCGM that's to blame, it's just that most people have a sense of humour that grows with them, whereas others seem to suffer some kind of humour dwarfism.

You mean some people turn into old farts.

Irishman, Englishman and Scotsman on Sheffield forum,

The Irishman says Im not racist but I cant get a job for all these Eastern Europeans that have moved here to the city of sanctuary.

The Scotsman says Im not racist but I cant get a council house with all these pakistanley's that have moved here to the city of sanctuary.

And the Englishman says Im not racist, you can all ****off back home for me !

(I meant to post this earlier but must have forgot to :confused:)

As a God-fearing Englishman I 'm glad the ' Englishman, Irishman & Scotsman ' jokes have disappeared. The Englishman in the jokes never had any fun and always had to do the decent thing [ or stupid thing ? whichever way you look at it ? ]. The Scotsman was always wise or canny, especially where his wallet was concerned. The Irishman had all the fun and got into all sorts of scrapes and misadventures. If an Englishman found himself alone in a joke he was always portrayed as sheer stupid, uptight, no good with women and painfully shy.

.............Like the Englishman who had been tied to a tree in the jungle and horribly tortured. When his rescuer [ another Englishman ! ] asked if it hurt, he mumbled through the pain, " Well, only when I laugh. "

Irishman, Englishman and Scotsman on Sheffield forum,

The Irishman says Im not racist but I cant get a job for all these Eastern Europeans that have moved here to the city of sanctuary.

The Scotsman says Im not racist but I cant get a council house with all these pakistanley's that have moved here to the city of sanctuary.

And the Englishman says Im not racist, you can all ****off back home for me !

How about posting the joke as well?

(I meant to post this earlier but must have forgot to :confused:)

Not everyone gets jokes or even finds them funny, some people even feel things are too personal to themselves to find humour in it. I don't know what category your in or even care but if you really really wish for me to spell out the joke and show why its humorous then I will.

Its a clever joke on many levels I would suggest, can't cater for everyone though it appears.

Archived