The people have spoken - Should we listen?

The only reason I disagree with the death penalty is because it gives the people that commit these horrible crimes an easy way out.

There are much more effective ways of punishing people than killing them...

Better to be rid of them than spend valuable resources looking after them, imo.

First of all can I just say, & I don’t usually comment on grammar but your title is quite incoherent; ‘The people have spoke their Brane’, you may want to change it.

As for you post, I for one say yes, it appears democracy has spoken, obviously common sense takes place, child abusers & police murders too right, they should expect capital punishment.

Democracy has indeed spoken.

The petition to keep the ban on the death penalty has nearly twice as many signatures than Mr Staines'.

I don't think the pro-noose lot have quite understood the process. I gave up counting how many different petitions had been submitted.

Rather defeats the object.

Pedophiles and police murderers only. I'd go with that yeah. Especially the pedophiles. Anyone that abuses a little child should pay the ultimate price.

If you had a lesser sentence for murder, then you would simply be encouraging paedophiles to kill their victims to cover up their crimes.

If you had a lesser sentence for murder, then you would simply be encouraging paedophiles to kill their victims to cover up their crimes.

What do you mean by lesser? Surely not the death penalty.

I see no need to slow things down with torture etc. Just put a bullet through every pedophiles head. That is going to cost around £2 instead of the hundreds of thousands, if not millions it costs to keep one locked up for 25 years.

Archived