The people have spoken - Should we listen?

What do you mean by lesser? Surely not the death penalty.

I see no need to slow things down with torture etc. Just put a bullet through every pedophiles head. That is going to cost around £2 instead of the hundreds of thousands, if not millions it costs to keep one locked up for 25 years.

Gimme the gun, gimme the gun. :thumbsup:

What do you mean by lesser? Surely not the death penalty.

I see no need to slow things down with torture etc. Just put a bullet through every pedophiles head. That is going to cost around £2 instead of the hundreds of thousands, if not millions it costs to keep one locked up for 25 years.

Getting the death penalty costs a lot more than £2. It costs more than locking someone up for 25 years (in western countries).

I think what flaming was saying was that if the penalty for being an active paedo is death, then they might as well kill the child and hope that they get away with it, rather than leave them alive and risk them 'talking' and getting the same penalty.

That would be the case for non-relative related incidents... in other cases, the chances of children reporting matters would be lower anyway because most of these incidents are from family members - so the child is less likely to report it knowing that not only have they had their lives damaged, they will have the knowledge that they are [not, but feel] responsible for the life of a family member's life too.

Getting the death penalty costs a lot more than £2. It costs more than locking someone up for 25 years (in western countries).

Not if it were up to me it wouldn't. Stick your 8 or 10 years of appeals. If the case is proven beyond doubt then pass me the gun and start digging a grave.

I think what flaming was saying was that if the penalty for being an active paedo is death, then they might as well kill the child and hope that they get away with it, rather than leave them alive and risk them 'talking' and getting the same penalty.

Ahh. I didn't read it like that and i suppose you have a good point but there is never going to be an easy way around this situation. I still stick by my post above.

Not if it were up to me it wouldn't. Stick your 8 or 10 years of appeals. If the case is proven beyond doubt then pass me the gun and start digging a grave.

Ahh. I didn't read it like that and i suppose you have a good point but there is never going to be an easy way around this situation. I still stick by my post above.

And if you get it wrong? Can we put a bullet through your head?

Pedophiles and police murderers only. I'd go with that yeah. Especially the pedophiles. Anyone that abuses a little child should pay the ultimate price.

What about the child who's big? Or were you getting all Red top sentimental in your old age?:rolleyes:

No. See: :thumbsup:

Many cases have been "proven" beyond doubt only to be found later the evidence was either suspect or plainly wrong, in some cases rigged. Again if you get it wrong can we put a bullet in your head? Would you take that risk if it was put to you?

No. See: :thumbsup:

I sat on a jury in a murder case - no witnesses just forensic evidence that could have been interpreted either way.

The majority of the jury had already made their minds up about the accused by looking at him (albeit for the lesser charge of manslaughter).

To cut a long story short in the end we sent him down, end of story.

18 months later the conviction was quashed with the appeal judge saying it was one of the worst miscarriages he had ever seen.

The fact is, in a lot of cases only the deceased and the defendent know the truth, the rest of us can only make educated guesses - and some jururs don't even bother to do that.

I felt a great deal of anguish and guilt on hearing of the appeal.

I don't want to think about how I would've felt if I'd been responsible for sending the guy to meet his maker.

What about the child who's big? Or were you getting all Red top sentimental in your old age?:rolleyes:

Any pedophile deserves the death penalty. Age and size do not matter. A child is a child and i call 16 year olds little kids. It is just one of my mannerisms.

In order for the case to be proven to that extent, you must allow several years of appeals. You can't have it both ways.

I disagree. In this day and age we have the techniques and technology to prove cases beyond doubt.

Many cases have been "proven" beyond doubt only to be found later the evidence was either suspect or plainly wrong, in some cases rigged. Again if you get it wrong can we put a bullet in your head? Would you take that risk if it was put to you?

Can you please link me some of these cases where a pedophile has been sentenced to death, only for the case to be thrown out due to evidence being rigged?

Also. If i got it wrong i would have shot an innocent man. That doesn't make me a pedophile so your question is invalid.

Archived