The people have spoken - Should we listen?

I know SF isn't a democracy, but can I have my original thread title back please, which is "The people have spoke their brane".

The misspelling and phrasing was deliberate and a reference to the 'spEak You're bRanes' site, which SF increasingly resembles -

http://ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere.com/

I'm not allowed to moderate the thread as I'm taking part, if you want the title changed then report the first post and request it and if you aren't happy with the outcome contact the helpdesk

I'm totally with you 0742, but technically i should be dead now.

Our lass swore to me she was 17, she was actually 2 days short of 16, i was 17 going on 18 when we..............first held hands. :D

Trials are necessary, though some on here would love summary justice to have been carried out on me.

Did i just own up to technically being a peado. ? :o

Edit: Btw, 16 years on, we are still holding hands. :hihi:

Just for the record peadophilia is a sexual act between an adult and a prepubescent child. What you engaged in was hebephilia.

Back to the OP. A resounding no for me. Far better to leave them rotting in prison.

jb

Nagel, some of the posts on this thread demonstrate the obvious dangers inherent in total democracy.:D:thumbsup:

Oh yes...

The best argument against democracy is after all a five minute conversation with the average voter....

Or a quick read of this thread

My son was severly beaten 7 yeays ago with bats, brick, motorbike helmet and a police batton thing, ( one thats shoots out to be bigger ) he had to have 7 hours reconstuctive surgery as bones in his head an face were smashed to bits.

I opened the door to him and i collasped at the sight of him, now the four thugs that did this lived round the corner from us, and the amount of people that came forward to get then back, I refused, told no one to do anything even though I wanted to kill them.

The reason I stopped it was because I couldn't put another mother or thier family through what I was feeling, the pain was unbearable, but if they had killed my son which police even said he was lucky to be alive !! I don't know then if I could have revenge them, we took it throught the courts and it was a nightmare.

WE got all sort of abuse back, and were targeted as grasses, informers !!!!!! Hard really what to think.

...WE got all sort of abuse back, and were targeted as grasses, informers !!!!!! Hard really what to think.
Probably by some of the same people who wanted to dispense the vigilante style justice as well.

Some people don't want the rule of law, they want the rule of their law.

Kill everybody except me:D.
sadly everyone else has the same idea, so there wouldn't be anyone left ;)

Is democracy really 49% of the people being 'run' by the other 51% ?

That can't be right, surely ?

more like 80% being run by 20% which is a more usual result

Archived