A cold drink on an East Midlands train, too much to ask for ?

I was on an East Midlands Trains service from London the other day and on this occasion I was in First class, not that that actually matters for the purposes of this subject.

I was parched and asked for a cold Coke.

Now we'll ignore the unforgivable fact that on East Midlands Train First class "cold" drinks are only available from the trolley (which is at the other end of the train.....), and just concentrate on the fact that even if I'd waited for said trolley to appear in First Class [it did so around about Derby], the bleedin' Coke would have been room temperature.

Where else but on a British train would anyone buy a lukewarm coke ?

If anyone went into a pub or cafe and was served a room temperature Coke, or lager come to that, most people would send it back, or at least wished they'd gone to some other hostelry.

But, apparently, on EMT, and most other train companies, even in First class (the "premium product"), it's fine.

I`m willing to bet that even the EMT staff member (who I wrote an E Mail complaining about this to) gets his beers out of the fridge when he's at home, not out of the kitchen cupboard.

Pathetic.

chill out. god sake.

i reguarly drink coke from the cupboard as it doesnt always fit in the fridge. you might also note that supermarkets and shops dont always sell soft drinks from the fridge either.

you dont get cold coke on flights either... so what.

ps: first class you get free tea, coffee, water, wine and some sort of snack. just because you sit at the front end does not mean the train can magic you a trolley with a fridge.

get over yourself

you dont get cold coke on flights either... so what.

But you do get ICE with said drink - even if its one or two cubes. A little chill makes all the difference, especially in soft drinks.

Nothing worse than room temperature drinks that are best served chill

Archived