Houses next to carmyles garage.

When I was a boy,my parents had two garages,owlerton green garage and carmyles garage.Carmyles was on penistone road just about opposite the Gate inn,there was a row of houses next door and in one lived a lad about my age,I cant for the life of me recall his first name but somewhere in the recess of my memory I think his surname could have been fletcher.Whenever I went to the garage with my mum I would call for him and we would play amongst the cars parked in the back yard a few of which were scrappers,this would have been mid-60s,I often wonder what happened to him? Regards all,Colin.:)

...Carmyles was on penistone road just about opposite the Gate inn,there was a row of houses next door and in one lived a lad about my age, I cant for the life of me recall his first name but somewhere in the recess of my memory I think his surname could have been fletcher...:)
Hi Colin - you have a good memory. The 1968 Kelly's Directory shows Carmyles next to No 63 Penistone Road North. A few doors away at No 57 was "Harold Fletcher".

Looking for possible identities for your pal - in 1956 a Harold Fletcher married a Shirley Chadwick in Sheffield and it seems they had a son Andrew, born Jan-Mar 1957. Also, in 1954 a Harold Fletcher married a Pamela Clark, and they may have had a son Matthew M. Fletcher, born Apr-Jun 1955..:)

Hi Colin - you have a good memory. The 1968 Kelly's Directory shows Carmyles next to No 63 Penistone Road North. A few doors away at No 57 was "Harold Fletcher".

Looking for possible identities for your pal - in 1956 a Harold Fletcher married a Shirley Chadwick in Sheffield and it seems they had a son Andrew, born Jan-Mar 1957. Also, in 1954 a Harold Fletcher married a Pamela Clark, and they may have had a son Matthew M. Fletcher, born Apr-Jun 1955..:)

Yes 'Andrew' sounds familiar,thanks for that.

Archived