Serious lack of Italian run good quality Italian restaurants - HELP

LucDom

Originally Posted by Dan_Ashcroft View Post

Think you need to listen a little closer, because all the Italian looking staff in Maranellos are in fact Iranian

Not detracting from the quality of the food/place, but it doesn't fit with the OP's request for an Italian run Italian.

The head chef (who owns the restaurant) is definitely Italian - she's called Lucia. She's the sister of Vito who runs Vito's in Walkley.

I'm not aware of any Iranian staff in there at all.

Well that's what I was thinking myself when I read the post. The staff didn't appear to be persian to me, but then again I didn't request an inspection of their passports! :P They appeared to be Italian and I would stand by that. I also did highlight in my post that I couldn't say whether the chef was Italian because I couldn't see him/her! lol However, the food was to a very high standard and definitely had an authentic Italian feel to it. As you can see from the other posters, it does indeed appear to be a genuinely run Italian authentic restaurant. :hihi:

Archived