Are people less tolerant of noise/kids playing than they were in 1980s?

What’s wrong with that, I went pea picking and spud picking, then again there were no computers or X-boxes tying me to my bedroom.

There is nothing wrong with that Malky, I agree, it teaches the young the work ethic. Those cross-boxes teach the young nothing but violence.:mad:

That's true the only time I spent in my bedroom during school holidays ect was when I had done something wrong, and the sound of my friends playing outside without me was horrible.

Football. cricket match. bike ride. dog walks .......... all free, as you say nobody stayed in their bedroom.

That's true the only time I spent in my bedroom during school holidays ect was when I had done something wrong, and the sound of my friends playing outside without me was horrible.

If your friends were seen and not heard, it wouln't have bothered you would it! Now perhaps you are starting to grasp the all round benefits.:)

I love the sounds of kids playing, the smell of barbeques etc It is all part of summer.

What I get is kids screaming...not because there is anything wrong...just screaming, constant banging on the door when they have yet again kicked the ball into my garden, adult conversations held at maximum volume and peppered liberally with expletives and music played so loud that I can hear it even if I close all the windows.

Hi 'Julesmarie'

I ment 'Bicycle' my son was warned by a PCSO for riding on the pavement to school. Normaly he does ride on the road but the numpties in cars were parked half on half off the pavement so he would have been right out in the road and he was nervous (hes 10)

There was nobody walking on pavement on that side of the road so I think there shouldnt have been a problem. But he was warned to get off and push or get in trouble.

A deffo lack of tollerence I think!

yes have to agree that is over the top, children on pedal bikes are way too young to ride on the roads, years and years children have ridden on pavements so deffo less tolerant there.

Archived