Why is blackpool so filthy

just got back from a couple of nights in blackpool and im really shocked how run down its become , everywhere is boarded up , dog muck everywhere and i mean everywhere , rubbish bins full to the brim and scatered everywhere (no council emptying anywhere)

theres a odd smell as you walk around like sewerage , all the pubs were empty , it just reminded me of a rubish tip , ill not be going there again , im not the tidiest but this was ridiculous

just got back from a couple of nights in blackpool and im really shocked how run down its become , everywhere is boarded up , dog muck everywhere and i mean everywhere , rubbish bins full to the brim and scatered everywhere (no council emptying anywhere)

theres a odd smell as you walk around like sewerage , all the pubs were empty , it just reminded me of a rubish tip , ill not be going there again , im not the tidiest but this was ridiculous

Because it's the most popular minger's resort in the UK. :rolleyes:

Blackpool has a lot of potential, the actual town itself is nice as is the sea front. The problem lies with the delapidated concrete buildings that line the sea front and about as attractive as hyde Park flats. Put some decent buildings there and get rid of all the pikeys and Blackpool would be a top place.

Sadly the good old British seaside resort generally is in need of a lick of paint (to say the least), even your average B & B is like a throwback to the 60s, they need to keep up with the times a little better, generally cleaner and more modern decor would not go amiss.

I went to Blackpool about 4 years ago with my daughter and her family for the "illuminations", it was horrible just as the OP says. I haven't been since and have no plans to do so in this lifetime.

A couple of year ago we went with a couple of friends to Southport for a long weekend and it was really nice there very clean and just lovely for a few days away.

Archived