Can You Rent A Cat Or Dog For The Day?

The only problem with a dog licking your kisser is that it may be that the last thing it licked sounds like kisser but has a different initial consonant.:hihi:

Very true but we try not to think of that just as we do the waiter who dashes into the gents and the sound of running water from the sink and the rattle of the hand towel dispenser is not heard afterwards.

This reminds me of one that adopted us for the day once, many years ago - probably 30+. My girlfried and I drove to Bradfield, as the start of a country walk. As we set off out of the village, an old looking spaniel, with a poor back end and a limp, started walking with us. We didn't really know whether to shoo it away or not, but decided to let it come. It walked close at heel. As we got more and more into the countryside we started to worry about sheep, but it was fine, never leaving our side. Then well into the walk we came to a few styles. The dog just stopped and sat down as it clearly couldn't get over them, so I finished up picking it up and carrying it over - it was clearly what it expected, it didn't struggle or anything like that.

It was a 3 or 4 hour walk, and the dog clearly slowed near the end. It must have been quite a hard walk for him. Luckily it was a round walk, and we finished up where we started. As we got back to the village, the dog turned off a different way and presumably went home and of course we didn't see it again. (and it didn't even phone.:rant::D).

A nothing event, I know, and I'm not into pets, but we really enjoyed having the dog come with us, and hope he did.

I'm not bothered in dealing with all the muck and mess from the fellows. But would like to pet a cat or dog and then give the thing back.

Can anybody help? Would it be expensive?

No you can't rent mine as I don't think you are responsible enough!

This reminds me of one that adopted us for the day once, many years ago - probably 30+. My girlfried and I drove to Bradfield, as the start of a country walk. As we set off out of the village, an old looking spaniel, with a poor back end and a limp, started walking with us. We didn't really know whether to shoo it away or not, but decided to let it come. It walked close at heel. As we got more and more into the countryside we started to worry about sheep, but it was fine, never leaving our side. Then well into the walk we came to a few styles. The dog just stopped and sat down as it clearly couldn't get over them, so I finished up picking it up and carrying it over - it was clearly what it expected, it didn't struggle or anything like that.

It was a 3 or 4 hour walk, and the dog clearly slowed near the end. It must have been quite a hard walk for him. Luckily it was a round walk, and we finished up where we started. As we got back to the village, the dog turned off a different way and presumably went home and of course we didn't see it again. (and it didn't even phone.:rant::D).

A nothing event, I know, and I'm not into pets, but we really enjoyed having the dog come with us, and hope he did.

That is a moving story. I hope the dog was just bored with it's owners that day, and had a nice outing with you guys.

Yesterday evening an Alaskan Malamut obviously lost and wearing no collar followed me for about two miles into town. I'm not in a position at this time to take on a dog as we have a very cranky jealous old cat who hogs the center field at the moment.

His luck was in however as a very cute looking young woman driving a brand new car stopped and asked me if the dog was mine. I said no whereupon she got out and lured the dog into the back seat and drove rapidly away.

2 of mine are a pain in the ass! One is a physco, barks at everything and constantly wants to play with the other one, and the other one is a big doppy thing who wants to play with a football/tennis ball 24/7! So if youve got the stamina feel free to 'rent' them! :hihi:

Yesterday evening an Alaskan Malamut obviously lost and wearing no collar followed me for about two miles into town. I'm not in a position at this time to take on a dog as we have a very cranky jealous old cat who hogs the center field at the moment.

His luck was in however as a very cute looking young woman driving a brand new car stopped and asked me if the dog was mine. I said no whereupon she got out and lured the dog into the back seat and drove rapidly away.

Jesus! Bet that dog on ebay right now! It's amazing how dogs just love humans, even if they have no idea who the hell you are!

2 of mine are a pain in the ass! One is a physco, barks at everything and constantly wants to play with the other one, and the other one is a big doppy thing who wants to play with a football/tennis ball 24/7! So if youve got the stamina feel free to 'rent' them! :hihi:

I would, but my flat would get wrecked with a tennis ball flying around. My bush 21inch telly (one of the last semi flat screen tube jobs) has an electrical fault. I would rent, but rather I met the dogs in a field. With some deckchairs. Thank you anyways.

Archived